Leaf Spring -Two points of contact
- No limit on mating pin length.
- Suitable for dual entry (top & bottom) applications.
- Less force required.
- Design allows lower profile sockets.
- Higher Cost vs. tuning fork.
- Low retention force vs. tuning fork.
||Tuning fork - Two points of contact
- Lower Cost vs. leaf spring.
- Higher retention force vs leaf spring.
- Mating pin length is limited.
- Higher mating and unmating force required.
- Top entry applications only.
1) GradConn's range of female socket board to board connectors.
2) GradConn's main board to board connector page.